Please complete this DONOR FORM along with your gift through PayPal.
Contact Lori Hale
Executive Director of Maplebrook School Foundation
Maplebrook School, Inc.
5142 Route 22
Amenia, NY 12501
Phone: 845.373.9511 x 256
Make a Gift
Maplebrook is able to offer the education we do because of the generosity of our supporters. The total cost of a Maplebrook education for each student is much higher than the cost of tuition every year. As a private non-profit organization, we rely on gifts, fundraising, and grants to be able to keep doing the work that we do, and we invite you to consider how you can join in supporting our mission.
There are several ways to support MBS. . .
Support the Annual Fund
The cost of a boarding school education is not inexpensive, yet the tuition at Maplebrook is one of the lowest in the country among comparable schools for students with learning challenges. Every year, the Board of Trustees works hard to ensure that the cost of a Maplebrook education is as affordable as possible, and contributions to the Annual Fund are critical in achieving that goal.
High participation in the Annual Fund is also key to securing grants for Maplebrook. MBS applies for local and federal grants on a regular basis; in order to qualify for many of these grants, we must be able to demonstrate a minimum 70% participation rate from our constituents. Maplebrook has received over $220,000 in grants over the last few years—they’re a big help in supporting our work!
Consequently, we encourage all our families to make the Annual Fund their first priority for monetary giving. Individual gifts to the Annual Fund range from $25-$10,000, and the average gift from a parent is $1,000. Every gift—whatever amount—helps, and we deeply appreciate each individual contribution.
The Annual Giving Fund runs from July 1 to June 30.
Join the Merck Legacy Fund
To recognize those who have supported MBS through their estate planning, Maplebrook founded the George and Serena Merck Legacy Fund several years ago. Long-time benefactors of Maplebrook, Mr. and Mrs. Merck were affiliated with Maplebrook from its founding in 1945 until 1985, and worked tirelessly in those years to ensure the survival and development of the School. This Fund is proudly named in their honor.
You are invited to join the Merck Legacy by remembering Maplebrook in your estate planning. If you have already named the school in your will, please let us know so we can thank you by including you as a member of the Fund. If you interested in learning more about making a bequest to Maplebrook and about membership in the Merck Legacy Fund, please contact Lori Hale, the Executive Director of the Maplebrook School Foundation, or Dr. Roger Fazzone, President of Maplebrook.
Attend Special Events
We have several special events throughout the year that you can be a part of:
- Parents’ Weekend every fall, with workshops and parent-teacher meetings.
- Silent & Live Auction scheduled during Parents’ Weekend—items up for bid range from game tickets to ski trips to the much-coveted prize of being Maplebrook’s “Head of School” for a day.
- Bowling Tournament for which students get actively involved by securing pledges for this mid-January event…and then, of course, by bowling themselves. Together with pizza and school-wide participation by students and staff, this event is great fun on a cold winter day.
- Grandparents’ Day—Grandparents of our students are invited to join their grandchildren on campus in the Spring for an Open House, which includes a special luncheon, sporting event, information sessions, and campus tours.
- Kentucky Derby Art Show—Come view a variety of artwork from local artists and enjoy watching the Kentucky Derby with a crowd in our gym. And don’t forget to place your bets!
- Annual Golf Tournament during the Spring Parents’ Weekend. Also included in that weekend are the School Play, Prom (you don’t want to miss the student-created decorations), and commencement.
- President’s Breakfast each June, honoring a member of the larger community who has distinguished themselves by good character and exemplary service—the type of person that we wish for our students to emulate. Honorees have a scholarship for a Maplebrook student established in their name.
- Hand-in-Hand 5K Run/Walk supporting the Panichi Center for Communication and Learning in Beacon, NY. This is a chance for our students to give back by participating in community service. The race includes the Walkway over the Hudson AND the Mid-Hudson Bridge—both incredibly scenic venues, even in muddy April. This event attracts participants from all over the tri-state area, and we hope you’ll join us, too!
Shop at our School Store for your MBS attire and more, or remember us while shopping elsewhere online.
You can select Maplebrook School Inc. as the charity of your choice to support through AmazonSmile. You can also shop at 1,500 different stores online through iGive.com and choose Maplebrook as the cause to support whenever you make a purchase.
And there are several methods for giving…
Maplebrook can receive gifts in the following formats:
- Cash & Credit Cards
- Corporate Matching Gifts
- Gifts in Kind (items & collections of value)
- Memorial and Honor Gifts
We can also receive Planned Giving, such as:
- Life Income Gifts
- Real Estate or other Property, such as a Residence or Farm
- Gifts in Trust
- Life Insurance by naming Maplebrook as the primary beneficiary or owner of the policy
- Charitable IRA Rollover Gifts
- Charitable Lead Trust
Contact Lori Hale, Executive Director of the Maplebrook School Foundation, for more information on these various logistical options for making a gift to Maplebrook.
*Please remember to complete our DONOR FORM along with your gift.
Maplebrook School | 5142 Route 22 | Amenia, NY 12501
phone: 845.373.9511 | 845.373.8191 (Admissions)