At a Glance
11-18 & PG
Average class size: 4-8
Maplebrook is an ungraded school – Classes are organized by math & reading levels.
We work with our students on their social skills and Executive Functioning.
All of our students have some sort of difficulty learning. We exist to help them succeed.
Faculty with Advanced Degrees: 9
HS Boarding: 42
HS Day: 3
PG Boarding: 50
States represented: 15
Countries represented: 14
We value and promote the cultural and ethnic diversity of our school community.
90 miles north of NYC
180 miles west of Boston
In the Hudson River Valley region of Upstate New York, MBS is beautifully rural
but not remote.
Accreditation & Membership
Maplebrook also belongs to the following organizations:
- Academy Program: Middle & High School education for students ages 11-18
- Northeast Collegiate Institute (NCI): Our College Prep program
- Institute for Collegiate & Career Studies (ICCS): Postsecondary academic, vocational, & independent living skills program for young adults ages 18-21
- Transitional Living Center (TLC): Supported independent living experience for ICCS graduates
- Summer Program: 6-weeks of remedial academics, social skills work, and summer fun for both Academic & ICCS students
- Little Professors Daycare: Our center for children ages 3-5, and a work placement for ICCS students
Maplebrook School | 5142 Route 22 | Amenia, NY 12501
phone: 845.373.9511 | 845.373.8191 (Admissions)