Little Professors Daycare
Little Professors is comprised of three, four and five year olds from Amenia and the surrounding communities. They enjoy a wonderful and enriching social atmosphere that fosters respect for each individual within the learning center. The center operates year round with a traditional school year calendar from September through June and a summer program for July and August. Often students from the C.A.P.S. program receive training toward their certificate at the Little Professors Daycare.
The youngsters are provided with a variety of stimulating experiences to enhance all areas of their development. The program is designed to enable each child to develop at his/her own rate, according to individual interests and abilities guided, rather than led, by the staff.
Primary focus is on six areas:
- Practical Life - where children learn to care for themselves and the environment around them.
- Sensorial Activities - which help coordination and motor skills.
- Language Arts - developing reading and writing readiness.
- Math - dealing with the acquisition of basic operations of addition and subtraction.
- Science - which acquaints the children with the Earth and its many wonders.
- Play - is a very important part of the program. Building positive self-esteem and developing self-confidence are also major goals of the program. Life interest skills such as art and music enhance self-esteem and confidence.
The facility is located on Cascade Road across from the Foodtown shopping plaza in Amenia. The children benefit from the beautifully spacious, colorful and inviting classrooms, kitchen and fenced outdoor play area. A computer loaded with various educational software programs is available for the children's use to enhance group and individual lessons.