To be eligible for graduation from Maplebrook, a student must attend the school for a minimum of two years. Maplebrook offers a fully-approved New York State High School Diploma.
High School Diploma Requirements:
- Minimum two full years attendance at Maplebrook
- Achievement of educational goals of the student’s Individual Education Plan in effect during the school year in which the diploma is awarded
- Minimum of 13 years of school attendance
- Minimum of 22 credits as follows:
- English – 4 units
- Social Studies – 4 units
- Mathematics – 3 units
- Arts – 1 unit
- Science* – 3 units
- Health Education – 0.5 units
- Physical Education – 2 units
- Electives – 4.5 units
*One unit of Science must include Technology
** In some instances, a student may be recommended for graduation because they need to move on to a different program without having fully satisfied the criteria for either of Maplebrook’s diplomas. In these cases, a Certificate of Attendance is awarded.
Complete the application and email the information listed below to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latest psycho-educational battery (within 3 years), including the WISC/WAIS
- Academic achievement data (Woodcock-Johnson, KTEA, WIAT, etc.) including grade equivalents]
- Medical/social reports containing information necessary for your child/student’s well-being.
Other pertinent information may be requested by the Admissions Office. Once the application is received and the above materials are reviewed, a visit to the school and interview will be scheduled.
The Admissions Office will contact you to set up an appointment. Visits are scheduled through the Admissions Office and include a student-guided tour of the campus.